The Board is responsible for the overall corporate governance of the Company, and it recognises the need for the highest standards of behaviour and accountability. The Board will develop strategies for the Company, review strategic objectives, and monitor the performance against those objectives. The overall goals of the corporate governance process are to:
- drive Shareholder value;
- assure a prudential and ethical base to the Company’s conduct and activities; and
- ensure compliance with the Company’s legal and regulatory obligations.
Consistent with these goals, the Board assumes the following primary responsibilities:
- formulation and approval of the strategic direction, objectives and goals of the Company;
- monitoring the financial performance of the Company, including approval of the Company’s financial statements;
- ensuring that adequate internal control systems and procedures exist and that compliance with these systems and procedures is maintained;
- the identification of significant business risks and ensuring that such risks are adequately managed;
- the review of performance and remuneration of executive Directors; and
- the establishment and maintenance of appropriate ethical standards.
The Board is committed to the adoption of corporate governance policies and practices consistent with the ASX Corporate Governance Council’s “Principles of Good Corporate Governance and Best Practice Recommendations”, which are appropriate for a company of Venture Minerals’ size and nature. Such policies include, but are not limited to, the Board charter, Board code of conduct, Board committee charters, continuous disclosure, trading in securities and risk management policies. Copies of these policies will be posted on the Company’s website.
The Board also recognises its duty to ensure that its Shareholders and other stakeholders are informed of all major developments affecting the Company’s state of affairs.
Investors wishing to subscribe for Shares offered by this Prospectus should read this Prospectus in its entirety in order to make an informed assessment of the effect of the issue of Shares on the Company and the rights attaching to the Shares offered by this Prospectus.
Investors should consider carefully whether Shares in the Company are an appropriate investment for them and should appreciate that share prices can fall as well as rise.
Shares under this Prospectus should be viewed as speculative and whilst the Directors recommend the Offer, investors should be aware of and take into account the risk factors involved.
This section is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the considerations to be taken into account by investors in deciding whether to subscribe for Shares, nor of the risk factors to which the Company is exposed. Some of these risks can be mitigated by the use of safeguards and appropriate systems and actions, but many are outside the control of the Company and cannot be mitigated.
There are risks associated with investing in any form of business and with investing in the share market generally. All investors should consult their professional advisers if they are in any doubt as to the aspects of this Prospectus, the Offer of any matter relating to an investment in the Company.
|Risk Management Strategy|
|Code of Conduct
|Communications with Shareholders
|Policy on Dealing in Securities